Operating steps of the culture container:
1. Open the lid and stuff cotton into the ventilation holes on two sides.
2. Inject culture medium and sterilize with high temperature.
3. Rotate the body of the culture container clockwise to open the culture container (incline the culture container to 90 degrees to prevent germs from entering the culture container) and remain the lid in the original position to prevent air pollution.
4. Put the lid on a non-woven fabric which has been immersed in the bleach.
5. Rotate the body of the culture container counterclockwise to close the culture container and remain the lid in the original position (still tilt in 90 degrees)
Characteristics of the culture container:
The conventional culture containers have only one ventilation hole, so they are prone to mold due to unthorough sterilization. Compared with the conventional culture containers, the present culture container has two ventilation holes to elevate the bactericidal effect.
II. Cost-saving and energy-saving
The culture container is made of plastic, and its weight is about 1/3 of the weight of the conventional culture container which is made of glass. Therefore, compared with the conventional culture container, the present culture container is easier to be transported and carried.
III. Full lighting
The lid is make of PC (Polycarbonate) and is more light-transmittable than the conventional culture container which is made of PP.
IV. Better ventilation
Because the present culture container has two ventilation holes, the air ventilation is better, and the culture seedlings are strong and healthy.
V. Quick and efficient
The conventional culture containers have a narrow opening; therefore, when the culture seedlings are taken out of the conventional culture containers, the culture seedlings have either broken roots or pressed leaves. Compared with the conventional culture containers, the present culture container has a relatively wider opening; therefore, the culture seedlings can be taken out of the culture container more quickly and efficiently without the culture seedlings being hurt.
With the patented culture container, the orchid industry in Taiwan can be more competitive because the cost for culturing the culture seedlings is sharply decreased, and the work efficiency is elevated. The present culture container is the fruit of the efforts of the forerunners and the foundation of the future of the orchid industry.